In this article, we will share the steps to add or change the alternative number in the JioFi or Jio sim. The alternative number given is important for JioFI users to do the configuration of the JioJoin or Jio4GVoice App. Usually, we don’t consider the alternative number given while the SIM registration. We might give our friends or any number which are not using but as we already mentioned its essential for the Jio Dongle users. We found many users are searching to know how to change the alternative number in Jio sim. So, we decided to prepare an article with complete details along with the required screenshots.
During the Jio4GVoice or JioJoin configuration, we have to provide the one-time password (OTP) send to the alternative number given during E-KYC, sim activation. It’s very simple and can be done in a minute, follow the below steps, and we have provided the required screenshots and hope it will help you all to do it quickly.
- You may also like to read: Jio Phone Media Cable Launch Date
How To Change Jio Alternate Number?
- Take the Jio sim from the JioFI device and insert to any 4G device.
- Now, download and install the MyJio app from play store.
- Login the app using the password or verify with the OTP or one-time password.
- After account login, click on the options or the three dots in the top left corner and select “my profile” option.
- On the next page, you can find the “Alternative contact work” option.
- For some users, there won’t be any number there, and others have already a number there, click on that and just provide your new alternative number.
- After providing the new number, select the “submit” option from the bottom.
- Now, you have successfully changed your alternative number, and you will get the OTP to the new number while configuring the Jio4GVoice App.
JioFi Alternate Number and Jio4GVoice App
As I have already mentioned, the OTP on the alternate number given while sim registration is required to set up the JioFi Netsetter. Regular sim users may not have any need to check to change the alternative number given but, it’s necessary for the Jio Dongle users. The features of the Jio4GVoice are the HD Voice and Video Calling, Unified Messaging for SMS and Chat, Rich Call, Enhanced Calling from your phone dialer and many more.
- Want to know about Jio Phone 3? – Read Here
The Jio4GVoice app helps to have high-definition 4G VoLTE voice as well as video calling on existing 2G, 3G, and the 4G mobiles. It’s allowed to use the Jio4GVoice either with a Jio Sim in your smartphone or else in a JioFI device which is connected to your Smartphone. The Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd developed the Jio4GVoice app and earlier and which was formerly known as JioJoin. This app helps to enhance your Non-VoLTE devices with VoLTE capabilities and thereby providing high-quality voice and video calling experience. It allows having HD voice and video calls from your mobile phones or smartphones. It helps to customize the images and also the location on the call receiver’s screen. There is an urgent call feature which allows showing the urgency of the call on the receiver’s display.
You can also check the below-attached video tutorial, which helps you to do this very quickly. In the below video, it shows how to change the alternative number with the help to MyJio app. It won’t take more than two minutes to change the alternative number. It’s necessary to log in the Jio Number on the MyJio app on which you want to change the number.
Hope you got the solution for your query and it will be really helpful if you could share it with your friends who want to change the alternative number. We recommend you to subscribe to our push notification so that you can grab new updates for our blog. We share the latest offers, product launches and other news from the Reliance Jio Private Limited. You may also like to check our recent articles on the upcoming products of the Jio. Please share your feedback below and also if you face any issues while doing the feel free to comment below.